Book your hotel
- Treasure Island Resort. Registered attendees are eligible for the conference rate. Treasure Island is located at the center of the Las Vegas Strip within walking distance to Caesars Palace, Bellagio, Mirage and the Venetian. To book online, visit the Hotel & Travel page.
Before you come
- Bring extra business cards. When you get a card, write a note on the back to remember why you have it. After you return to your office, you may forget who you promised to follow up with if you don’t make a note of it. Always follow up with an email.
- Bring your laptop, tablet, smartphone or a paper notepad. Typing notes during a presentation is OK. Just be mindful of your neighbors and respectful of the speakers. And don’t forget to bring your power chargers.
- Attire. Business casual is recommended for the conference. Conference centers can be chilly, so pack a jacket. Bring comfortable dress shoes for the conference and comfortable walking shoes if you are exploring the city.
- Plan your evenings. Get the most out of your trip by exploring the host city. Use websites like Yelp.com and Vegas.com to find great restaurant and show ideas. The conference ends at 4 p.m. on Day 1 and Day 2 and at noon on Day 3.
- Flight delays. Check with your airline to see if your flight has been delayed or rescheduled do to heavy snowfall in the East.
At the airport
- McCarran International Airport (LAS). Las Vegas McCarran International Airport is located along the Las Vegas Strip just 10 minutes from Treasure Island Resort, the conference hotel.
- Taxi service. Taxis run 24-hours a day along the Strip and Downtown. Average taxi fare from the Las Vegas Airport to Treasure Island Resort is $25 (including 15% tip) in light traffic. Travel time can double in heavy traffic. Taxis are located outside of baggage claim. Follow the signs.
- Shuttle service. There are 24-hour shuttles from the Las Vegas Airport to Treasure Island. Average shuttle fare is $7 one way or $13 round trip. Shuttles are located outside of baggage claim. Follow the signs.
- Car rental. If you rented a car, follow the signs to the car-rental-shuttle-bus-pick-up area. A shuttle will take you to your car rental company’s lot.
At the hotel – Treasure Island
- Checking in. You will need a government-issued ID (driver’s license) and credit card when checking into your room. Check in begins at 3:00 p.m. and check-out is 11:00 a.m. Speak to the hotel front desk about early and late check out requests.
- Conference area. The conference sessions are held on the second floor of Treasure Island. It’s easy to pop back to your rooms using the elevators in the conference floor lobby.
- Wi-Fi. There is high-speed Wi-Fi access in your hotel room and in the conference area.
- Fitness center. The hotel fitness center is located on the third floor next to the Spa & Salon.
- Parking. Parking is free in the Treasure Island self-park garage. Valet service is free and available 24-hours a day. All major hotels on the Las Vegas Strip have free self-parking and valet service.
Treasure Island Resort Map
Conference meeting rooms are on the second floor of the conference hotel. Take the elevators at the center of the hotel to guest rooms and conference meeting rooms.
Getting around Las Vegas
- Walking. The weather will be perfect for exploring the city by foot. Sidewalks along Las Vegas Boulevard (“the Strip”) are wide and many intersections have pedestrian bypasses. Remember to obey all traffic signs because many drivers are unfamiliar with local streets.
- By taxi. Taxis run 24-hours a day along the Strip and the Downtown area. Taxi’s are prohibited from picking up passengers along Las Vegas Boulevard (“the Strip”). If you need a taxi, walk to the nearest hotel lobby and wait in the taxi line. Hotels line both sides of the Strip.
- By tram. A free tram connects Treasure Island with the Mirage Hotel. Free trams run along the west side of the Strip and a paid tram runs along the east side of the Strip.
For more detailed information, visit the Hotel & Travel page.
At the conference
- Conference area. The conference area is located on the second floor of Treasure Island. From your hotel room, take the elevator to the second floor. The Safe Campus registration desk is located next to the elevators. The conference rooms are next to the left of the registration desk.
- Badges. Pick up your badge and conference-information packet at the Safe Campus registration desk. If your registration included after-hours event tickets, you will receive the ticket when you pick up your badge.
- Choosing sessions. Review the speaker schedule online or in your conference handbook and decide early which breakout sessions you want to attend.
- Session Q&As. Each presentation ends with 10 minutes of Q&A. Get involved and ask questions. If you’re wondering about it, so are others.
- Talk to people. Introduce yourself and exchange business cards or contact information. Sit at a different table each meal period.
- Snacks, meals and drinks. Breakfast and lunch on Day 1 and Day 2 . Coffee and tea will be available during all meal functions. Water will be available in each session room. Breakfast begins at 8 a.m. each morning. If you have dietary restrictions, please email at least ten days before the conference begins.
- Questions. If you have any questions during the conference, please ask any conference staff member. Staff members will have an orange badge marked “STAFF”. If you have questions outside of session hours, call 702-625-6212 or email , and you will receive a response as soon as possible.
After the conference
- Share what you’ve learned. After you return to your office, draft a short email and presentation on what you learned for your coworkers. It will allow you to share your knew knowledge and help justify travel to future professional-development conferences.
- Keep in touch. Review the business cards you collected (with the notes on back) and follow up with the new friends and colleagues you met.